Your Breathless Wedding
Couples looking for a lively adults-only wedding with a colorful flare will fall head over heels in love with Breathless Punta Cana. Our on-site wedding coordinator will see to every detail, so no petal will be out of place.
To help you start planning your Breathless wedding, we’ve assembled some helpful information. If you have any questions, our on-site wedding coordinator has the answers.
Documentation required by the Dominican Law in order to get married in the Dominican Republic. The following are all the documentation required by Dominican Law in order to get married in the Dominican Republic.
- Birth Certificate of Bride and Groom or certified copy of Birth certificate. If parents' names are not shown on the certificates, please indicate them separately.
- Notarized Declaration of Single status for the Bride and Groom. If previously married, submit two copies of the Divorce Decree or Death Certificate. There is a mandatory waiting period for women, 10 months before they are legally allowed to remarry.
- A photocopy of Bride and Groom's Passport (or documents used to enter the DR).
- Photocopies of all Witnesses Passports. Cannot be family members. If necessary, resort will provide witnesses.
- Bride & Groom must be in the country 3 business days prior to the wedding.
All documents must be translated and legalized by the Dominican Consulate prior to arriving in the Dominican Republic, except for the Passports. The documents should be legalized by the Dominican Consulate no more than 3 months prior to the wedding date. It is the couple's responsibility to have all the documentation ready prior to the wedding. The Judge is an outside service provided by the Dominican Government. We cannot be held responsible for any delay or alteration. The Judge will duly register your Wedding Certificate at the Central Civil Board and legalize it with the Foreign Affairs Department of the Dominican Republic. We will then send the Wedding Certificate to the couple via mail which may take up to 10-12 weeks.
The Civil Wedding is celebrated in Spanish. If necessary, Breathless Punta Cana will provide English, French or German translators without an additional charge.