The following list of legal requirements are needed only for legal marriage. The Breathless Cabo San Lucas Wedding Coordinator must receive the following documents to begin the application for marriage in the Civil Registry Office.
- Arrival to the hotel for the bride, groom and 4 witnesses 4 business days before the wedding. (Saturdays & Sundays do not count)
- Valid Passports of the Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses (This is essential, otherwise the wedding cannot be performed) PLEASE BRING THESE DOCUMENTS TO THE APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR WEDDING COORDINATOR
- Copy of the Tourist Visa Card of the Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses (This is given at the airport upon arrival to Cancun)
- Blood tests that should be taken in Mexico; they are not valid if it is taken elsewhere. To be considered valid the test should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours and it will be given to the wedding coordinator to complete the paperwork. A $300 USD + 16% tax, per couple, will apply for the Blood Test
- 4 Witnesses that can sign the legal forms 4 days before the wedding and during the ceremony. If you don’t have the 4 witnesses arriving 4 days before the wedding, the resort will provide the witnesses
- Legal form completed with the names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, for bride, groom. These can be received from the wedding coordinator.
- Birth Certificate of the Bride and Groom*(optional-please see details below)
None of the above mentioned services are included in any of the Breathless Wedding Packages. The Marriage Certificate that you receive on the ceremony day by the JOP is only valid in Mexico. The coordinator will discuss the process of making your marriage certificate legal internationally. Make sure that you bring all requirements listed above to the first meeting with the wedding coordinator when you arrive at the Resort (you and the coordinator will set up a time and place to meet). In case of previous divorce, you will need to bring the divorce decree, and this must be apostilled and translated prior to the arrival to the resort, please bring this document to the final appointment with your wedding coordinator. Additional fees apply for legal weddings. *Birth certificates for bride and groom are optional. It applies only if the Bride and Groom WANT the names of their parents to appear on the Marriage Certificate. If you decide to take this option the Birth certificate should be the one that has the names of the parents on it, also the translation in to Spanish required. This document must be translated in to Spanish and should be provided with “Apostille” stamp and it should be processed at hometown, service not available onsite. In case that the Birth Certificate of the Bride & Groom doesn´t have the “Apostille” stamp. Parent´s name will not appear on the Marriage certificate, the spaces for those names will be filled out as i.e(---)